Friday, May 4, 2012

Bathroom (but not in the bathrom) Cabinet DIY


I finished another DIY project using reclaimed parts and it has made me very thankful that the previous owners of our house left lots of spare pieces behind. All I had to purchase for my medicine cabinet was the paint and hardware.



For a short back story; our master bath was originally a closet so to say it is small is an understatement. It is about 4 ½ feet by 5 ½ feet and that includes the shower stall, because of this the medicine cabinet in there was taking up too much space. Enter the small cubby hole just outside the bathroom:


I added to the right side to make the two sides even:



Then removed the paint (FYI 6 layers of paint takes way too long to remove) and stained it a dark walnut:


Next I painted the inside gray and added the shelves:


Finally I added half of a shutter door that I spray painted a textured gray:


It may stand out now, but that just gives me incentive to finish the master bed. When it is all done all the trim will match and the room will be shades of gray and purple.

Thanks for stopping by!


Linking up with:
 Happy Go LuckyA Little Inspirationartistic31mama.com

5 comments:

  1. Love the shutter door, just in case you don't keep everything neat *all* the time:)

    Jessica
    stayathomeista.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great use of space and looks so nice with the shuttered door.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.artistic31mama.com/2012/05/fabulous-fridays-linky-party-10.html Just wanted to stop by and tell you how much I love how this project turned out! You did a great job! You've been featured this week at Fabulous Fridays! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete