Sunday, April 1, 2012

Old to New: Dresser to Desk


Remember that dresser I showed you last week? That old, cheap (if you have ever heard of Ames, you can understand just how old it is), too small dresser?


Well I have finally finished the project it turned into: A desk to replace the tiny one she had before




It wasn’t that hard, but it was time consuming; lots of waiting for drying time!! Took everything apart, filled in a few holes (B wanted to keep the dents and dings she had made in it over time, so I only filled in the bigger holes), and slapped on some primer.


Painted it all in Golden Sand Yellow (we tried to add some contrast with a Valspar sample, but when we peeled the tape off the paint came off too, I do not recommend).












Then we added details that she picked out and a chalkboard square in the same color as her room. To make chalkboard paint all you need is 2 tablespoons un-sanded grout and between ¾ and a cup of paint.


Here’s before and after:


Followed by lots more pictures:




 








 
Thanks for visiting!



Linking up with:
Happy Go LuckyA Little Inspirationartistic31mama.com C is for CRAFT!
Green Crafts Showcase

28 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I came out just beautiful and functional. Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need a new desk, rather a desk instead of the kitchen table. Thanks for sharing your great transformation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Some days I need a second desk because there so much piled on my desk that I have no work space! ;)

      Delete
  3. Wow! What a super cool idea! I'm very impressed, and I love the paint job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your creative solution! The desk turned out great! I found you through The Frugal Girls' Chic and Crafty party. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your creative ideas!
    Sharla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great & useful transformation! Thanks for linking to Craftastic Monday at Sew Can Do:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting! And for hosting a great link up!

      Delete
  6. Super cute, Amy!! I think your blog is so creative and adorable! I am awarding you with the Liebster Blog Award!

    Check it out at:
    http://thestonybrookhouse.blogspot.com/2012/04/liebster-blog-award.html

    Blessings,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for passing on this award to me! It is an honor to share this with other great bloggers!

      Delete
  7. Woah! What a neat transformation!! I'm impressed! Thanks for sharing at Shine on Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the purple design on your desk.. Thanks for linking up at friday fun party.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Guess who's being featured at tomorrow's Shine on Fridays party? YOU! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thank you! Love the sharing that happens with blog parties!

      Delete
  10. Wow!! That is amazing and a Great idea!! Thanks for Sharing! -Jessica@GreenPB&Js

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks fabulous!! I love the before and after!! :-) Great idea! Thanks for the tip about making your own chalkboard paint too. Thanks for linking up. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have to credit Pinterest for the chalkboard paint tip though! ;)

      Delete
  12. This post has been featured this week. I posted it to Facebook and Pinterest. Thanks for sharing. (Sorry I was a week late...we all caught a nasty virus and are just now in "recovery" haha). Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again! Hope "recovery" goes well and you have a great weekend too!

      Delete
  13. awesome idea, I also use old dresser drawers as garden boxes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing! I am always looking for new ways to reuse items we don't need! You could say I have a fear of a full trash can!

      Delete