Remember that dresser I showed you last week? That old, cheap (if you have ever heard of Ames, you can understand just how old it is), too small dresser?
Well I have finally finished the project it turned into: A desk to replace the tiny one she had before
It wasn’t that hard, but it was time consuming; lots of waiting for drying time!! Took everything apart, filled in a few holes (B wanted to keep the dents and dings she had made in it over time, so I only filled in the bigger holes), and slapped on some primer.
Painted it all in Golden Sand Yellow (we tried to add some contrast with a Valspar sample, but when we peeled the tape off the paint came off too, I do not recommend).
Then we added details that she picked out and a chalkboard square in the same color as her room. To make chalkboard paint all you need is 2 tablespoons un-sanded grout and between ¾ and a cup of paint.
Here’s before and after:
Followed by lots more pictures:
Thanks for visiting!
Linking up with: