Sunday, April 15, 2012

Kitchen Color


I had planned to have this post up yesterday but our weather had other plans! If anyone else is in the Midwest I hope you and yours are safe and damages were minimal. My heartfelt sympathies to the families who suffered and hopes for the best for everyone still dealing with the aftermath.

Thanks to inspiration from Jamie at the Creative Imperative I have finally added some color to my white kitchen. I loved how the white makes it feel bigger than it is but it was looking to sterile.



The color is called Blue and Deep Stream, I like it, but now that is up I think it might be a bit too dark. I do love the way it makes the textured wallpaper pop. I removed a piece of wallpaper and it is so yucky behind it I decided it can stay, way more work than I wanted to tackle!

 
Of course I needed to balance out the blue with a few pops of color, so like Jamie I painted a few pieces bright!













 
And I finally built the tiers for my shot glass collection. I try to collect one from every state we visit (missing a few still) and they were hidden behind the bottom of the cabinet door. Not anymore!



 
Thanks for visiting and thanks again to Jamie for the inspiration!


Linking up with: 
 Happy Go LuckyA Little Inspirationartistic31mama.comC is for CRAFT!

14 comments:

  1. I Love the inside of the cabinets! that looks amazing! -Jessica@GreenPB&Js

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! Makes a big difference. Love the color!

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how the blue makes everything pop :) Enjoyed your blog and have become your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just stopped by to check out your blog too!

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh I love it!!!! That color combination is great and I don't think the blue is too dark at all :) Great update!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was looking for a golden yellow to begin with but couldn't find it. I do like the way the purple looks though!

      Delete
  5. Nice that pop of blue certainly added some fun to the kitchen.. Thanks for linking up at friday fun party.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Blue seems to be our signature color for the house (I guess because it goes so well with the yellow outside)!

      Delete
  6. I like the white bead board and scroll wood work! Looks nice!
    JoAnn
    sweetpepperrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! Those features were actually already there when we moved in. One less thing I had to do!

      Delete
  7. That really makes it pop - great choice of color! Thanks for linking to Craftastic Monday at Sew Can Do:)

    ReplyDelete