Sunday, March 11, 2012

Cookies, Cookies, Cookies! With a Touch of Irish too…


Since we have finally gotten rid of all candy and store bought desserts that the winter holidays bring I decided it was time to make cookies. Yummy, chewy sugar cookies that only require 6 ingredients!

 
Ingredients:
16 ounces cream cheese
1 cup butter
1 & 1/3 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 cups flour
½ teaspoon salt

Combine all the dry ingredients, then add the vanilla, butter, and cream cheese. Mix until combined, but don't over mix and chill for at least one hour.



Then just roll out dough on a floured surface (I make mine about 1/2 inch thick) and cut out. Bake at 375 for about 10 minutes and you will have this:
Between 3 & 4 dozen cookies

And because St Patty’s day is coming up I had to make a few shamrocks:




Then for B’s birthday she requested a chocolate chip cookie pizza:


Step one: make a double batch of chocolate chip cookie dough and smoosh into a pizza pan.
Step two: bake at 375 until it browns

 

 Step three: tint frosting red and spread the "pizza sauce"


 Step four: sprinkle on your toppings. I used chopped up pieces of gummy candies
 (they cut easier when frozen) and M&Ms, but the sky’s the limit.


Step five: top with “cheese”. I used powdered sugar; 
coconut or white chocolate shavings would work too.

My chocolate chip recipe:
2/3 cup butter (I used salted, but it doesn’t really matter)
½ cup sugar
1 egg
½ cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 & ½ cups flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
Chocolate chips
Combine all ingredients and drop spoonfuls on to a cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for about 10 minutes or until the edges start to brown.




And one final picture collection for St Patty’s day, my one project for this holiday, a small plastic canvas project:



 

Linking up with: 
  Happy Go Lucky A Little Inspiration
artistic31mama.com

4 comments:

  1. I love the colored frosting on the cookie pizza...that's a great idea! Cute toppings too.

    Jess @
    tupelocreative.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea! My kids would love this! I might have to try this soon. I've always wanted to make a "cookie cake" but it never crossed my mind to make it look like a pizza...how fun! I would love it if you shared this at my linky party this week http://www.artistic31mama.com/2012/03/fabulous-fridays-3-linky-party-031612.html Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great cookie pizza! That would be great for April Fool's too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great idea.. my daughter would love this! :)
    Thanks for sharing at Create & inspire

    ReplyDelete