Saturday, March 17, 2012

Cleaning up the Junk Drawers while Recycling!

When we first moved in to this house we ended up with more drawers than we have ever had before, so... yup they all got filled with random junk!

These 9 drawers plus 4 more all junk filled

This week I started cleaning them up and since money is not growing on trees here in Kansas, I did it without buying anything! I created!
The first are two binders that hold all the manuals that hold all manuals for kitchen appliances and the major things in the house (like furnace, air conditioner, ect).


Nothing fancy on the inside, just plastic sheet protectors:


And the second item I created was a container to corral miscellanies from a k-cup box and phone book pages: 












I managed to get through three of the drawers and cleaned out enough that one is empty. Now I just need to make sure that I don’t refill that one, at least until after I get the rest cleaned out! :)

Why did we have 6 phone books, some from 6 years ago?

The previous owner left us all kinds of spare parts...

And those glass jars that I still needed to do for this counter:

See this post for the details
They are done!




Linking up with:
  Happy Go LuckyA Little Inspirationartistic31mama.com

13 comments:

  1. Great organizing! I ocd, so this is great. Thanks for linking up at Burlap & Denim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Nice! I have too many drawers in my house that need to be re done! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you're a new blogger too! So am I! This is sooo much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the phone page box. Isn't if funny how extra drawers automaticaly seem to fill up on their own, LOL! Have a wonderful weekend! Visiting from Ditigal Scrapping.
    ~Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yes those evil empty drawers that just suck in clutter!!

      Delete
  5. Great minds do think alike! I love the newspaper as wrapping, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stumbled onto your blog via the blog hop and just wanted to show you some blog luv! def enjoyed this post def some great ideas:) new follower!

    http://infinitelifefitness.com
    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Hope you have great rest of the weekend!

      Delete
  7. Looks great! I love that you didn't have to buy anything and used what materials you already had. Thanks for linking up this week! You're glass containers look wonderful! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Sometimes not having the extra money to spend on craft supplies when you want to complete a project turns out amazing!

      Delete