Thanks to inspiration found on Pinterest
I decided that a recovered shoebox was just what was missing from our entertainment center (and much better looking than a plastic tote). So,
for that reason alone because he needed them, I took Ry to get new shoes and gained a perfect box that I painted so the graphics wouldn't show through.
For the cover I did the top first and let it dry before doing the long sides. And then the short sides folding the corners over, I also used Tacky glue on the thicker areas. After I glued the remaining fabric to the inside of the cover.
For the bottom of the shoebox I wrapped the whole outside up and then glued down the rest of the fabric under the bottom and into the inside of the box. The inside is not a pretty as the outside, but maybe someday I'll get around to making a liner for it.
I love the finished result and happy to be able to personalize my storage solutions now! Time to find more boxes...
|Pardon the dust, the cleaning fairy has been MIA|