Sunday, February 19, 2012

Shoebox Upgrade

Thanks to inspiration found on Pinterest

From here                                                                   And here 

                                     
I decided that a recovered shoebox was just what was missing from our entertainment center (and much better looking than a plastic tote). So, for that reason alone because he needed them, I took Ry to get new shoes and gained a perfect box that I painted so the graphics wouldn't show through.

 











Then I eye-balled a few pieces of fabric to cover the pieces and broke out the Modge-Podge.

For the cover I did the top first and let it dry before doing the long sides. And then the short sides folding the corners over, I also used Tacky glue on the thicker areas. After I glued the remaining fabric to the inside of the cover.

 










For the bottom of the shoebox I wrapped the whole outside up and then glued down the rest of the fabric under the bottom and into the inside of the box. The inside is not a pretty as the outside, but maybe someday I'll get around to making a liner for it.













 I love the finished result and happy to be able to personalize my storage solutions now! Time to find more boxes...


  







Pardon the dust, the cleaning fairy has been MIA

Happy Go LuckyA Little Inspiration

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for following! I'm now following you back. CUTE blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pinterest too! I pinned the same picture of the burlap covered diaper box. So cute! I always save shoe boxes for the same reason. Great makeover!

    ReplyDelete