Saturday, February 11, 2012

Random Acts of Crafty Kindness Challenge



Since I’m 95% done with my entry for Craftster’s Miscellaneous Challenge I thought I would share the process and semi finished product. The point of the challenge is to make something crafty to brighten someone’s day. My personal challenge was to use up some of my stash and I succeeded for the most part; I did have to buy red paint and the glue.





Here is what I started with: wooden blocks, scrapbook papers, and a picture frame.  









 

And here is the semi finished product (all it needs is a clear coat so it won't look any different); candy dish: 








I took the old picture frame I had and put scrapbook paper on the inside, it’s just put in like a picture so it can be removed and replaced later if the receiver wants.


And I spray painted the blocks black and used acrylic paints to detail the tops of the blocks. Then I glued the blocks together using gorilla glue.




And glued them to the frame:
















 As soon as the topcoat dries this will be off in the mail to a lucky someone! And the challenge is open until March 3rd, so there is still time to come up with your own Random Crafty Kindness!!

3 comments:

  1. this is a fun tray....came out great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute idea!! I'm so glad you shared at Shine on Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever idea! I never would have thought to make a candy dish like this! Thanks for sharing! :D

    ReplyDelete